On the one hand, the GDPR defines a number of rights for natural persons whose personal data are processed, but on the other hand also imposes specific obligations on organizations and companies that process such personal data.
In the context of our services, we have reduced the processing of personal data to a strict minimum. The personal data processed by us concerns in particular:
- your name and first name;
- your email address, to the extent that it contains personal data;
We may also process data related to your personal interests, as provided by you during the registration process or otherwise.
We also collect and process data collected through your use of our Website (browsing). This data may include the date and time of your visit (time stamp), the type of browser you use, your IP address and the pages visited.
In this context, we may also collect data of a non-personal nature, such as browser type or IP address, the operating system you use or the domain name of the website from which you visited our Website. This data is used by us exclusively to gain further insights into the use our users make of the respective website(s), in order to improve the functionalities and user experience. Please see in particular the provisions regarding the placement and use we make of cookies in §10 below.
The processing of this personal data by us has various objectives:
- if you give us explicit permission for this: to send you newsletters or other messages that may contain commercial offers (by email or at your physical address);
- when you enter into an agreement with us: to identify you in accordance with the applicable legal provisions in this respect (surname, first name, physical address, email, etc.);
- in the given case, to authenticate you as a customer / user of our Website;
- if you also provide your e-mail address, we use this personal data to transfer information that is primarily necessary for the implementation of our agreement(s) with you: sending notifications, confirmations, possibly invoices and reminders, etc. .
However, this transfer and provision is limited to processing that is strictly necessary in the context of our services, including administrative management, the provision of information to and by customer service, etc.
In the context of certain of our services, we use one or more external service providers, in particular for hosting and managing our website and any specific functionalities associated with it (e.g. sending newsletters, announcements, creating reservations, etc.). The processing of personal data by these third parties is limited to purely technical support.
Apart from such processors, your personal data will only be used by our internal employees who are authorized to do so.
However, we may disclose your personal information to third parties in response to a request for information if we believe that the disclosure is in accordance with applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule, regulation or contractual provision, or if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect ours or others’ rights, property, and safety.
In the given case, if the provision of the relevant service requires this, or to support the technical, administrative and/or financial settlement, your personal data may be transferred to one or more third parties and processed. We have concluded a separate agreement with these companies, which expressly regulates the processing of personal data and includes any exercise of rights of data subjects.
In accordance with the relevant legal provisions, your personal data may also be transferred to government authorities.
Unless we have obtained your explicit and prior consent, we do not pass on your personal data to third parties for promotional purposes or for commercial use by the latter.
We have put in place appropriate technical and operational measures to ensure that your personal data is protected against unauthorized access, deletion or alteration.
We take reasonable steps to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, as stated in our Terms and Conditions, you expressly acknowledge and agree that – in general – the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure, private or confidential. Therefore, any information sent or received from the Website or using any of the services provided by us may be intercepted, decrypted, accessed and/or used by third parties, even if technology is used that encrypts such information exchanges .
In any event, we will continue to make reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is protected in accordance with applicable law and best practice.
Certain of our employees have access to your personal data mentioned above, in which context they are bound by a strict code of conduct. This code of conduct includes:
- the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of personal data to which they have access in the context of their assignment;
- the commitment to only process personal data in the performance of their tasks;
- respecting the relevant legal provisions.
We give you the opportunity to exercise your right to correction, opposition, data erasure and/or restriction of processing of personal data for various services we offer.
Right to correction
If you are a customer or a registered user of the services provided by us, you may amend, update or change your personal information that you have provided to us in connection with your account and user profile, as and when applicable. To do so, please send us a written request as set out below.
Automatic data clearing
Unless otherwise agreed, all personal information collected through the Website or the services provided by us will be automatically deleted after a period of ten years after the termination of the agreement between you and us. Your data will therefore be kept for the statutory limitation period.
Exercise of rights
These rights can be exercised as follows:
- in writing: by sending a registered letter to Zevenkaven 13, B-8560 Wevelgem, stating the rights you wish to exercise, and including a copy of your identity card (front and back);
- electronically: by sending a registered letter to email@example.com , stating the rights you wish to exercise, and with a scan of your identity card (front and back).
Please note that exercising one or more of the above rights:
- for one particular service does not necessarily have an effect on your data in the context of another service provided by us (e.g. if you have different logins or customer numbers). If you also wish to implement this change or correction for one or more other of our services, you will have to repeat this request one or more times;
- in certain cases may be refused or limited in whole or in part, which refusal we will justify in our response, in the case in question with reference to the Frequently Asked Questions. These reasons may include, by way of example: the fact that we have to keep certain data for a legally determined retention period, if the processing of personal data is essential in the context of the execution of the agreement, …);
- in certain cases may result in the full or partial suspension or termination of the contractual relationship with regard to the provision of such service.
We may use information about you to personalize and improve our services and to provide content or features that match user profiles or interests and to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities related to our services. In doing so, we use various technologies to collect information, which includes sending cookies to your computer or device.
Cookies are small data files stored in the memory of the device that allow us to improve our services and your user experience, see which pages are popular and record the number of visits to our Website.
We use both functional cookies and analytical cookies.
Functional cookies are essential for the use of our websites, store user preferences, among other things, and are not shared with third parties. Analytical cookies help us improve our site by providing us with information about how users interact with our websites, such as the number of visitors to the website, the pages they visit and the time spent on the website. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
With most internet browsers you can delete cookies from your hard drive, reject cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is installed. Consult the instructions or help function of your internet browser for more details, or visit www.allaboutcookies.com.
Please note that if you choose to block, delete or reject cookies, this may adversely affect the availability and functionality of the Website and the services we provide.
If you have any questions about how we use personal data, if you want to view, correct, update or delete your personal data or if you want to make a complaint, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regarding the exercise of your rights: in order to prevent us from making available, changing, restricting or erasing your personal data as a result of a request from a third party (and therefore not yourself), we ask you to provide – together with the request – which must be in writing, dated and signed, send us a copy of your identity card (front and back) to the following e-mail address email@example.com or by letter, addressed to the address above.
In the given case, you can submit a complaint to the Belgian Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels.
Wij behouden ons het recht voor om dit Privacybeleid van tijd tot tijd te herzien.